Supporting the sector by recognising achievement, supporting careers, encouraging STEAM education, fostering connections and collaborations and promoting the region as a vibrant science and innovation centre.
- The Trust together with their loyal partners and key stakeholders are working to connect local industry with community, further supporting citizen science engagement and science education to foster the next generation of scientists and innovators.
- We support and work together with the Science Learning Hub to promote science and resources in our region.
- We also support international research collaboration, and together with Tourism New Zealand support our local scientists bid to host international conferences.
Hosting international conferences in New Zealand
Tourism New Zealand offers funding support starting at $15,000. The funding is determined by a range of criteria and will increase depending on the size of the conference.
The funding support may include:
- A financial feasibility completed by a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) to ensure that it is viable to host the conference in the Waikato and New Zealand
- Production of world class bid documents, presentation and content designed to present to the international committee
- Economy return airfares, accommodation, conference registration and associated costs for attending an international conference to propose New Zealand as a future host
- Connections to your network of conference suppliers to ensure you are fully supported on the journey to becoming a conference host
- If the conference bid is successful, Tourism New Zealand will continue to support you with a bespoke delegate marketing plan to ensure your international delegate numbers are achieved
Additional Information and Applications form
Encourage Science and Education
About STEM Wana Trust
STEM Wana Trust is a registered charity. Its core mission is to engage and inspire a new generation of scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians through creative community initiatives and events such as New Zealand’s first-ever STEM Festival in 2019. Driven by the community, for the community. Our strength is in forging partnerships and collaborating with like-minded organisations to ensure that Aotearoa leads the way in producing creative thinkers and problem solvers.